Q&A Forums

New hose? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Alex Bochkarev
Posted: May 16, 2023 09:34 PM
New hose?
My local parts supplier was telling me that guys typically replace their hose every 5 or so years and seeing as how I have not replaced mine since getting into the business 10 years ago I figured I might be due.

For more context I’ve been having hose temp issues (I have to spray for at least a couple minutes before the material makes it through my E30 and gives me a good pattern) and they recommended I just replace for a new hose since I was due.

Any suggestions, recommendations and opinions would be greatly appreciated. ????
SprayWorks Equipment Group
Posted: May 17, 2023 02:22 PM
Hose typically needs replaced when the IOS begins restricting the lines and flushing no longer solves the issue or the the hose is damaged (crushed, punctured, etc. ). Ten years is a good lifespan for hoses and I too would recommend replacing them, but I don't think that will completely solve the the heat issue.

IF you're not getting proper current on the hose, the machine would read an E03 code. It sounds like you use the machine to warm the material and not a direct source of heat like Barrel Blazers (unless ambient temperatures are well above this). Material needs to be pre-processed to a minimum of 60°-70° prior to reaching the machine. Have you added any hose to the unit? If it is and older E-30 and you have a heat board, the tap setting will need to be set to the amount of hose you are using. Happy to help you troubleshoot the heat issue. Feel free to call or text 330-587-4141

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.