Q&A Forums

Need specs on applying 2lb foam overtop of another 2lb foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Denis Groulx
Posted: Dec 10, 2015 03:52 AM
Need specs on applying 2lb foam overtop of another 2lb foam
We applied our regular 2lb HEATlock spray foam product overtop of Icyene 2lb foam product with no issues, following the application guidelines from both manufaturers.

The client wants to see spec sheets on the guidelines of applying 2lb overtop of another 2lb product? Any idea of where this can be found?

Thanks.
mason
Posted: Dec 10, 2015 01:08 PM
There are no specifications that I am aware of of installing one brand of foam over another. The different foams should adhere to each other and I don't see a major difference in performance or R value (depending on which 2 lb Icynene foam that is in place, their water blown 2 lb foam has a lower r value than the HFC blown foam)

However, in order to comply with building codes, I would verify that both foams had similar fire resistance andICC Evaluation Report procedures for complying with codes. For example, do both foams require a thermal/ignition barrier in the same places in the same thickness? Check out the respective ESRs to verify.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.