Q&A Forums

More B than A Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 13, 2009 07:19 AM
More B than A
Hi Guys

My E-20 Rig seems to be using more B Side than A. I had a 3 set 1/2 pound job this weekend and when it was all said and done, we used about 1/2 barrel more of the B Side Material than A.

I usually spray closed cell and never really noticed the difference before. Is this common?

Graco's E-20's are famous for E-24 errors, which lets me know when the pressures are imbalanced. The machine worked flawlessly this weekend and never had an error the entire time.

Why am I using more B than A? Foam looks fine, no smell and we never had any pressure imbalances?

Enlighten me!

P.S. Conditions were hot as heck (between 85 & 90 outside temps) just in case someone needs that information
Greg Pruitt
Posted: May 13, 2009 04:08 PM
We typically order one extra barrel of iso for every 6 resin.
Posted: May 13, 2009 07:59 PM
I know, I just don't know why I am using more Reisin than ISO this past weekend.
Posted: May 14, 2009 01:55 AM
could those resin drums be 480# or there abouts??
while the iso's are 500...
seems i remember a OC vendor or 2 packaging that way,,
'dude
SPFer
Posted: May 15, 2009 06:58 AM
How old is your hose?

We were off ratio a bit, not that bad but bad enough. When the hose heat crapped out and we had to get a new hose, we realized the hose was the issue. Must have had some blockage, probably crystilization.
Posted: May 15, 2009 03:10 PM
You are probably right! 100 ft is less than a year, 50 ft 2 yrs and 50 ft. next to the whip is probably going on three or so.

Everything cost! $1000.00 for this, $1000.00 for that, kinda like the Seafood business.

Lottery is just over 150 Million right now. Boy,if I could hit that, I could get me a new rig...

On second thought, maybe not...

Is it getting as hot up the east coast as it is in Louisiana right now?
Posted: May 15, 2009 10:38 PM
i just replaced my 8yr old hose,,
as preventative maintanance program,,lol,,
the old hose looks like it would have lasted another 8 years...save your money,,,
anybody looking for good used hose??? lol
i like the "new" continious run hose set,,,no friggin "knots" every 50ft to catch on eveything,,but i wish they would have used better ail line in the hose set,,,2 months in and we abraided a hole in the cheapass air line already,,,,
'dude
about the price,,you bought duct tape lately,,,or maybe seafood?? rofl...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.