Q&A Forums

Low pressure in cylinders Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Don Vee
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 05:44 PM
Low pressure in cylinders
mason
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 08:30 PM
Sprayfoam applications (even the pressurized container type) require technical training by qualified instructors. Before going any further I would contact the foam supplier and ask if they have any training that you can participate in.

There are many training programs available. Please feel free to call me to discuss further. You can obtain my contact information at my website, masonknowles.com

As for the pressurized containers. Yes, you can pressurize them with either dissicant air or nitrogen. But, you don't want to over pressurize them. Again the manufacturer can assist with that type of information and assistance.
Don Vee
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 08:53 PM
Terrance Harris
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 02:20 AM
You are a novice and thought you could get a good deal on craigslist? Any info on the cylinders about the expiration date?
Don Vee
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 02:34 AM
Terrance Harris
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:11 AM
Have you tried both sets of cylinders with the same results or just one set?
Don Vee
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:16 AM
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 05:46 AM
"barely shot 2 feet out from the gun"
this is a low pressure FROTH PAK SYSTEM
it is a swelling foam at best,,,it delivers about 200psi in top shelf conditions,,,kinda like my transfer pump...lol...
it does not expand into the minute cracks inherent to the building process thus forming an air barrier,,,but rather delivers a pre-frothed,pre expanded bun of foam which may afford additional r value to the whole wall system,,,although if you consider the cost,,the labor,,the products inconsistent profile due to the systems delivery limitations,,,this additional rvalue may be of a disproportionate cost to effect ratio...
this product is a compromise to a high pressure spray applied system. it is not doing good things for our industry trying to represent that it can do what it doesnt do very well...if a "first time useing foam builder" gets sold this system they will more times than not walk away saying "it wasnt worth the extra $$"...they will think that all foam systems are crap,,it is that obvious,,,one of our local filterglass companies(large one too)uses this system for his foam system,,his demo box showing the froth pak foam applied to the demo wall does a great job steering the customer away from the "expensive foam system that looks like crap" to the bibs or batt system they prefer to install...and remember,,the customer now thinks all foam systems look like this splatter crap....

bought it off craigslist???rofl...why not relist it???pmpilsh,,,

ebay,,craigslist,,,your local trader/advertiser,,,hey,,,get your foamrig here,,,greatest thing since kyjelly,,,you can be sprayin foam in a day...

they can be recharged,,,i would venture to guess you will not get much help from the manufacturer in how to proceed to do that,,liability would be their primary concern,,,cant have every hillbilly foamer refillin and rechargin their tanks now could we???
safety in mind,,,yeah,,thats the ticket...

//when things appear//
\\to good to be true\\
//hold on to your shorts//
\\if you know whats good for you\\
//burma shave//
mason
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 11:12 AM
The pressurized tanks that I am familiar with operated between 220 to 250 lbs of pressure not to exceed 300 lbs. I would take photos of the tanks and compare them to various manufacturers around the country. There are not that many pressurized tank SPF manufacturers, so you should be able to find out who the supplier is by the type of tank.
Don Vee
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 02:42 PM
Michael Fusco
Posted: Nov 05, 2009 05:45 PM
sure hope SPFA and OSHA don't visit this work site!!!!!
Don Vee
Posted: Nov 05, 2009 07:29 PM
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 01:08 PM
They will if someone gets hurt and ends up in the hospital! That's all it takes and then they will come after the manufacturer and those who sold it to you too!

Get Proper Training before you hurt yourself or someone else. If you don't want to get the proper trating, then pay a professional to do the work! It's worth it!
Don Vee
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 01:41 PM

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.