Q&A Forums

IR Camera Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Bothun
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 09:39 PM
IR Camera
Does anyone have one?

I've been kickin the dirt for awhile about getting one of these.

Seems like it would help clients fully understand how much better spf is than other types of insulations.

What does one of these babies run? I've seen them from 2k all the way up to new truck prices.

Thanks,
Brian

Edit:
After watching a few video's on YouTube I don't know why I have waited so long to get one.
Joel Sikkila
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 10:53 PM
I don't have one...yet... Plan to purchase one soon. Have used one myself (a loaner) on my BPI energy audits. Would highly recommend anything by Fluke - go to their website and watch the video on the drop comparisons, where they drop theirs and all the competitors from a height of 6 ft. Pretty compelling evidence as to the durability of a Fluke under real jobsite conditions. I recommend anything in the Fluke TiR series... $5k or so...

Would like to hear opinions of others on this topic myself...
Craig Gifford
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 06:58 AM
I have heard good things about the FLIR I-7...and for the price (just under $ 2,000.00) it is more appealing.
I am looking to get one as well...I just don't want to spend $ 5,000.00 on one!
Circle-D
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 10:07 PM
Hey George,
Aren't you going to have an IR camera demo at this years conference? I'm sure there will huge conference discounts, right?
SPFer
Posted: Apr 30, 2011 11:57 AM
We've got the I7, bought it for about $1,800. Good for showing customers how leaky their house is, identifying problem areas and checking our work. Definitely nice to show the customers before and after pics.

There is a big difference in the quality of cameras between ours and the more expensive ones. Was comparing images with a $5,000 camera, the expensive camera was picking up small, leaky areas that our did not.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 02, 2011 11:31 PM
That's right Skip. Check the schedule, link at left.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.