Q&A Forums

gusmer temp problems Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Chris Gwyn
Posted: Jul 16, 2011 01:41 AM
gusmer temp problems
I cant get the temp on my gusmer H20/35 up to 150 deg without kicking the breaker. Anyone know how to solve this
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Jul 17, 2011 07:58 AM
What are you spraying at 150?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 17, 2011 09:50 AM
What temp does it go up to? Is it the hose temp or the block heater temp that you are having problems with? Need a better description of the problem.

George
Chris Gwyn
Posted: Jul 17, 2011 05:29 PM
the block temp is what I am having the trouble with
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 09:31 PM
Does the breaker trip right when you turn it on? How long does it heat and what temp does it heat up to before it trips the breaker? Have you checked all of the wiring to make sure that you don't have a loose connection? Is it the a or the b side or both?

George
Chris Gwyn
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 04:20 AM
its on the b side and it works fine up to about 115 degrees then it trips.
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 10:02 AM
I have no experience with the H20/35 but I would guess that it is a heating element braking down.

You need to monitor the amps and voltage going to the element during the heat up to verify that is the problem and not a bad or weak breaker, also make sure that all the electrical connections are good and tight a bad connection will heat up an cause the breaker to trip.

You can get a good DVOM with an amp probe at your local home improvement store or electrical supply house and you can compare the readings on the bad heater with the good one to trace down the problem. Or find a good HVAC service tec and he should be able to trace the problem down for you.

Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.