Q&A Forums

Guardian A-5 (black on top of ISO side) Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
phil Duquette
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 09:24 PM
Guardian A-5 (black on top of ISO side)
I have Black Fluid on top of the ISO side in back of my Guardian A-5. This unit is only 4 months old and sprayed about 20 sets.
Because I am still 'Green" at this....please tell me its nothing major.
Thanks!
Phil
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2008 08:42 PM
Phil,

Is the fluid thick in viscosity? Are you retracting your pump daily and putting pump lube around the top of it? If so, what are you using for lube? The pump lube keeps the iso that seeps by the felt wipers on the top of the pump from setting up. After a while, the lube/iso combo gets thick and needs to be wiped out. If you have black liquid, I suspect that you are not using the right pump lube. I hope that you aren't using dynasolve?

George
phil Duquette
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 05:37 PM
I am not sure what it is.....isn't that awful. It was what was shippied with the rig when I bought it.
It is not thick in viscosity at all. It looks and feels like watery used car oil.
any thoughts?
phil
Linerman
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 06:43 PM
glascraft recommends DBP or DOP(dioctylpthalate)which is what comes with all glascraft machines. You can also use graco's TSL(throat seal liquid)works the same plus you can buy locally at a sherwin williams. dynasolve won't hurt the seals you can use it, I've heard of some using vegetable oil, but I would use either the recommended liquid or graco's stuff. Is the stuff you got black? Because both of the other liquids are clear in color.
phil Duquette
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 07:46 PM
I think it may be the DOP. That sounds familiar. It is a clear liquid and has been staying clear since I have started using it in November. It just recently started turning black. It has not affected any performance as of yet, but I am just nervous....don't want to cause any serious damage.
Phil
John Shockney
Posted: Apr 01, 2008 09:58 AM
You should be adding the DOP to the top of the seals every time you run the machen and as the dop becomes coantaminted with iso ( turns dark)you should wipe it out and replace it with new DOP.

I love my A-5
hope this helps
AIRPRO
Linerman
Posted: Apr 01, 2008 07:07 PM
I would recommend changing the fluid at least every week wiping the pump shaft and cleaning the wet cup. It will change color from clear to a cloudy into a yellowish color but I never heard of it turning into black. Are you leaking lots of iso? The iso will always have some weepage but should not spill over the wet cup.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.