Q&A Forums

Forms and Software Questions Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Cottle
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 11:28 PM
Forms and Software Questions
Hello all! I have been in business for almost a year, and I must say that it has been very succesful thus far.
I have reached a point where I can't avoid expanding. I have gone from small residental homes and metal buildings to 5000-9000 sq ft homes. Of coure the GC and home builders are playing in a different league also. I feel like I need to improve my paperwork image, starting with my estimate form. I am currently using and excel based form, that I received from my supplier, but it just doesn't have the appearance that I'm looking for. Does anyone have samples or direction to find something else. Is there any can software for estimating spray foam, maintaining contacts, jobs etc?
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 06:21 PM
Depends on what your looking for.
Quickbooks Pro has some customizable forms that I have used to make colored logos, headers, etc. and I like it.
Ask an accountant what they suggest. They usually have a good idea on what business software is good or bad.
ChrisIgna
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 11:26 AM
We use a for of Jobpro. It was offered to use free from our supplier when we started buying Demilec spray foam products. THen after a year or so they decided to start charging us for the service. We pay $150/month for one user. Sometime I ask my self why we are paying for this service, but hen the foam rings and it is a customer from 8months ago looking to schedule a job, it is so easy to find the old bids. It is nice to be organized with everything in one location.
steven argus
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 03:52 PM
150 bucks a month?!?!? I use 3 file cabinets that I got from the scrap yard where we drop off barrels. Put the customer name on top of the file, in ABC order of course. I have never had a problem finding an old estimate. 150 x 12 = $1800/year for the privilidge, nope... sorry.

We do use quickbooks pro. Mainly because my handwriting looks like a 4 yr olds and I can't spell.
Mike L.
Posted: Jan 21, 2016 08:44 PM
looking for some kind of software to do quotations. any suggestions?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.