Q&A Forums

Fireproofing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Edward Brassington
Posted: Oct 08, 2007 08:51 PM
Fireproofing
I have been spraying 2lb foam for about two years, in Ontario, Canada. I am starting to get some requests for fire proofing. I understand that much of the fireproofing that is done uses Grace Monokote. It seems that it would be a messy operation I am interested in locating some other fireprofing products that could simply be sprayed on using an airless sprayer. Is there a fire proofing product that could be sprayed through my Graco E30 Machine.

Also I am looking for coatings that are approved for use in Canada. I look foreward to any responses.
Thanks.
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 05:02 PM
foammaker,

Try this site Its from NCFI polyurethanes. you can spray it through a airless paint sprayer just make sure u water it down otherwise it wont go through ur sprayer.

www.insulstar.com/PDF_Files/Aldocoat_757.pdf
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 07:12 PM
Do you think that watering down the ignition barrier is a good idea? I think no. Watered down product will NOT perform to spec.

George
Rob Granger
Posted: Dec 03, 2007 08:04 PM
I have been spraying Aldo Coat 757 for several months now and I do not water it down. I have a TITAN 840 air less sprayer and have been very happy with it. IT is heavy duty and made to spray heavier viscosity paints..
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Dec 04, 2007 01:26 AM
Get a better paint sprayer if it won't work unless you thin it. You open yourself up to HUGE liability by essentially tampering with the product to make it work.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Reggie Titmus
Posted: Dec 04, 2007 08:03 AM
AD Firefilm has approvals in Canada. Intumescent coating pumped through airless sprayer.ASFI (American sprayed fibers inc) also has some approvals in Canada. Sprayed through mid grade cellulose machine.Compete against Monokote all the time with this product
Dwight Thevenot
Posted: Dec 06, 2007 08:22 PM
Check out Paint to Protect.com Its white water based latex fireproof paint.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.