Q&A Forums

E-20 or E-30 or H25 NEED TO KNOW WHICH RIG TO BUY Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Randall Langston
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 01:46 PM
E-20 or E-30 or H25 NEED TO KNOW WHICH RIG TO BUY
I plan on residential and some commercial.
i have never sprayed foam and am about to get in the business. Salesman keep telling me the E-20 start up rig is way to go. However I DO NOT WANT TO GET THE WRONG EQUIPMENT.
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 05:59 PM
Go Bigger! E-30 or bigger if you are planning on staying in the business. If you go with an E-20, you will be limited at your output as well as the sizes jobs that you can do.
Randall Langston
Posted: Nov 01, 2009 03:38 PM
is the h-25 a good machine? do you know much about it. i have been advised the h25 over the e30
Posted: Nov 02, 2009 07:30 AM
I prefer hydraulic over electric; however, the E-30 is a good machine that is very easy to work on.

It has a 30 Pound per minute output versus 25 with the Hydraulic. You can also change the pumps out and beef up your heaters if you outgrow and have a high pressure machine for polyurea that will go to 3500 PSI.
Randall Langston
Posted: Nov 02, 2009 09:42 AM
so is th h25 not big enough in your opinion?
Colin Martens
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 08:28 AM
I wish more people would weigh in on this topic. I'm in the same boat too. I'm in northern Canada and my biggest challenge is the cold temps. I've been advised to go with the H25 but the E series seem to be very popular. So it's a toss up E30 or H25?
Brian Bothun
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 12:00 PM
You can't go wrong with either machine.

Both support 310ft of hose.
E30 is 30 lb/min
H25 is 22 lb/min
Being from Canada you should go with the 15k heaters..

I'm in the same boat..I started with an E-20 and its time to get ride of the ol girl..

I'm leaning on an E30 with the 15k heaters..
Daniel X
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 12:05 PM
If you're just getting started see if someone who has an e30 will let you come watch...

As far as "cold temps", your proportioner is only part of the picture here...

CMC what is your substrate going to be temp wise...?

You'll need barrel warmers, and a place to park your rig inside if you want to make this work.
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 02:06 PM
good place to start...
$$$ budget for rig???
shore power or gen power???
Colin Martens
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 07:08 PM
I'm not sure what the substrate temps are but it's not uncommon to see -25c here. I know I'm going to need substantial heating equipment. The trailer will be insulated and heated and if I needto I get drum heaters I will. I'm leaning toward the H25 with 15kw heaters but I'm not sure about the rest of the gear. What would go well with this unit in this climate? I'd like to nail down which compressor, dryer(heated or refrigerated), genset, etc to use so I can price them out individually. I'm going to build the rig myself. Not only will I say money but I'll know how it's put together.
Daniel X
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 01:36 AM
I know how cold it can get, I come from northern Alberta...

But you're not going to be spraying AT ALL if your substrate is anywhere near -25...

The cold temperature formulation from our supplier will let us spray below zero sure, but the yields are terrible.
Dean Nash
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 07:27 AM
CM-
Substrate temps are the temperature of the surface you intend to spray and as said by others, -25c usually means catching up on Oprah or a maintenance day.

You'll need to carefully consider multiple levels of design to insure proper rig performance. Scrimping anywhere can & often does result in performance issues that minimize your profitability & increase the risk of financial penalty in one form or the other.

*Your geographic location (climate zone) dictates a heavy need for climate control inside & throughout the box which requires more power.
*The geographically preferred 15.3kw heaters which are thirsty electrically speaking, dictate the need of a generator instead of shore power which in turn ups the payload capacity of the truck/trailer.
*CC foam is likely to be the preferred medium for your customers based on your geographic location which can reduce the size of the compressor you'll need however, what are your plans relative to safety as it relates to your fresh air system? AND, most applicators can spray more CC foam than OC foam due in part to the lack of trimming. More foam in the truck/trailer means allowing for more payload!
*Balancing the system for safety & comfort in pulling or driving while meeting any & all DOT requirements relative to the payload is VERY important. So be very cautious. If your supplier is not discussing these, the chances are strong that your system is undersized, overweight, or just plain cheap. Any of which increase the probability of financial penalty.

The machines (H25 or E30), to answer your question are both fantastic machines with 15.3kw heaters. The H25 will require slightly less power to operate @3ph but will pump more chemical per stroke/cycle than the E30 which reduces the wear & tear on the machine and with proper maintenance can increase the lifespan of the machine.

Simply put, you're in good hands either way but do not ignore the balance of the components/variables or your entry into the spray foam industry may be more problematic than profitable.

Joe
IME
Erney Thiessen
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 02:59 PM
I'm newbie too, trying to decide E30 or H25. Does the E30's motor start and stop everytime the trigger is pulled? I hear the electric has a shorter life.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 09:18 PM
The packings may need to be replaced more in an electric machine with vertical pumps - it pumps more strokes than the hydrualic for the same volume. I have sold over 500 electric machines, and could call out the 4 people who replaced the motor. A former boss of mine and foam manufacturer swore by hydraulic - he said the machine ran smoother? I personally think this only applies to roofing applications, as we made roofing foam. I personally think it takes longer to change out the packings in the hydraulic machine and it costs more...I personally would buy an E-30 15kw if I were to spray only walls, and would purchase an H-40 if I were to do roofs and walls.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 09:28 PM
WOW - this got dug up from 2009..he he just caught that and I am not blonde anymore...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.