Q&A Forums

Crazy Customers?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Paul Covert
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 09:30 PM
Crazy Customers??
Who would like to share their "crazy" customer stories?? Typically, homeowners who are smart enough to choose SPF are easy to get along with and make great customers.
But, I have had two screwballs in a row in the last 10 days.
One was a big, loud jerk that kept trying to get me to spray extra areas for free since he did me the "favor" of allowing me to insulate his house.
We cursed and yelled at each other until we were hoarse...
The other is a woman that is like talking to Mr. Kimball on Green Acres...logic and reason are foreign concepts to her. Everything that I try to explain about the proper way to use foam in her house, she insists on consulting various members of her family, none of whom have any knowledge or experience with SPF.
I told her that if she didn't trust my judgement as a professional, then I was going to leave and do another job...she started crying and telling me her personal problems. Sheesh...
Steven Greene
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:36 PM
Well I met a crazy woman once and now I'm married to her.
But life would be dull without em.
Come to think of it there all nuts.
Except MaMa
mason
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 08:03 AM
I think we all have had some clients who appear irrational at times. The strangest case I had was a client who wanted to foam everything whether it needed it or not. He owned a trailer park in South Texas and we started with spraying a metal building for insulation. He noticed it also stopped water leaks and provided additional structural strenght during storms. He was so excited about the foam he hired us to spray 4 more buildings plus a couple of trailers that were not even being used. He ran out of buildings and began building 2 new metal buildings. His wife came to me and said he was building these new structures just to have something to spray foam on and he was spending all of their savings on sprayfoam.

Kinda weird.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.