Q&A Forums

Closed Cell Strength?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 05:14 PM
Closed Cell Strength??
Hi,
I was wondering about how many inches of a 2 pound foam do you need in the attic to walk on, crawl or lay on. Say for a 180 and for a 225 pound person. This is an exsisting Attic floor. I will not be storing anything up there. Just wondering how strong this stuff is. Thanks again for your help.
Paul
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 05:18 PM
I forgot I juat want to know how careful I have to be not to hurt the Sheetrock and texture sprayed ceiling in the house
Dave Strnad
Posted: Sep 09, 2006 08:14 AM
I don't know what the actually load capability is. I weigh 290 Plus equipment and I can move around pretty well with 4" down. I still try to step on the truss and when crawling I try to put my knee on the truss. I have stood completely right in the middle and not gone anywhere. I would still procede with caution. You don't want to fix a hole like that, and A broken leg takes a while to heal. lol.
Posted: Sep 09, 2006 08:16 AM
ive had my 185# grey headed self on 3" closed cell...still laying across the rafters...
i wouldnt get out on the drywall if i didnt have to...really pisses the GC off if you stick a limb thru the rock...been there,,,done that,,,
"an ounce of prevention,,,is worth a pound of cure"
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 11:57 AM
You can stand on two inches. I've done it. Three is better, four is more better.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.