Q&A Forums

Can 2 lb. LaPolla be run with a 100 F. hose temp? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jim Hollander
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 08:00 PM
Can 2 lb. LaPolla be run with a 100 F. hose temp?
Can a spray rig be used briefly just for the purpose of every 2-3 weeks running material thru it at hose temp of 100 F? (instead of the normal 115 F.) I have LaPolla 2 lb. density foam and .5 lb. density material.

My spray rig manufacturer warned against leaving the hose on the 'rack in the trailer" while pre-heating it, or it will burn out the heater lines on the hose. However he said it was OK up to 100 F on the rack. I am going to put the rig in a storage garage maintained at 50 F. but dread the thought of dealing with the thing every 2-3 weeks.

During the winter, I don't want to drag out the 165 ft. of hose into the snow every 2-3 weeks to run some spray foam thru it to prevent ISO creating a problem in the hoses and equipment.

Also, I have a set of drums of .5 lb density material which I won't be able to spray until 12 months since it was delivered. I understand the 6 month shelf life in general. What kind of problems or reduced yield should I expect after 12 months storage?
mason
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 08:04 AM
You should be able to run the material through the line at lower temperatures if you are just trying to prevent the A side from setting up.

You should only have to heat the material sufficient to prevent cavitation. Contact LaPolla to obtain viscosity ratings of the material at 50 degrees. You may need to bring the drums up to a higher temperature to prevent cavitation.

Contact LaPolla about your shelf life situation. While not guaranteeing the foam, they may have some tips on how to maximize the shelf life.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.