Q&A Forums

Business Plan Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gary Galloway
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 07:59 PM
Business Plan
Anybody out there have a sample business plan for the foam insulation business you would be willing to share ???
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 10:16 PM
Check out www.sba.gov I don't know if there is a specific foam insulation business plan, however there is sample business plans.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 10:37 PM
What are you looking for a biz plan for? Are you taking it to a bank that you have no history with? Are you providing it to a manufacturer for their consideration?

We've been in business for 30 years and never had a business plan. No bank has ever denied us money. No supplier/mfgr has ever turned us down. We have credit references and trade references which is all we need. Maybe we aren't gazillionairs because of a lack of a biz plan but I can't imagine that it has really held us back any. If you want yo do business with whomever has requested one and they would gain from the relationship as much or more than you, ask for their business plan and see where that takes you. I've tried it once or twice and it tends to change the way they look at things. Let them know that you'll be glad to push their product and have your bills paid prior to their deadlines with a credit line of $xxx. If they don't give it to you, go somewhere else.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Dec 26, 2006 10:57 PM
I am looking for something for the foam insulation business to take to a bank I acually have history with. They have a stupid rule that they need a business plan for small business loans. Other local banks want one because I do not have a history with them.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 07:48 AM
There are some programs you can use that help design biz plans. A biz plan can be two pages or two hundred. I'll see if I can find a sample plan at the office and I'll see if I can post it or just email it to you. I know one of the foam manufacturer's gave an example of a good plan but I don't know if I hung on to it.
Trey Gibson
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 12:29 PM
The whole point of a business plan is for you to do the research and due dilligence to find out if this business is right for you and then to give you a framework to start with. The direction of your business, marketing, cash flow, projections, financing, etc. We wrote our business plan after studying the product and market for a couple of months and decided where we wanted to go and how we wanted to get there. My suggestion is for you to look at other sample plans, maybe from sga as suggested above, and come up with yours. Once you get the basics it will only take you a week or so to complete it.
quentin
Posted: Dec 27, 2006 02:00 PM
You may also want to look at these links for free templates you can use.

http://www.score.org/template_gallery.html

http://www.businessplans.org/index.asp
Craig Maturi
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 02:40 PM
i have a sample one from a company. if you still need one e-mail me.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 11:18 PM
Here is what we did when we started. We contacted our local SBDC - Small Business Development Center - They provide services for people who want to start their own business for free. This service is paid for by your tax's. Check www.sba.gov and you should be able to find an office near you.

This is a free service and they have a TON of information for starting your business.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 11:30 PM
I would like to see the sample plan you have if you can email a copy of it to me at gdgalloway@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Gary
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 01:32 AM
Gary

I hope that you understand that a sample plan will only give you a premature guide line on the business.

Each location will derive a different business plan. If you’re located in the South Eastern part of the USA your business plan will be much different from someone located in the North Western part of the USA.

Please keep that in mind. If you have and questions about start up, please give me a call and I will take the time to answer what ever you have.
Posted: Feb 01, 2007 10:07 PM
I have a banker that got me an SBA loan and cash in my account in 6 days. I would be glad to pass your info to him if you want him to call you. All you do is a simple credit ap and the SBA form is 2 pages with maybe 10 questions. One question was "how much you want?" Great guy to deal with - young and agressive. I have a business plan with the financials, they did not even read it. They looked at the financial projections and said OK.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 01:29 PM
I would be interested in at least talking wth him. What part of the country are you in ????
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 09:18 PM
I'm in Louisiana. Send your personal e-mail address to me and I'll send you the specifics as well as his phone. Send it to: sales@bestchoiceinsulation.com. I'll also call him and tell him to expect a call from you. With the SBA program being federal and the way the banking system works, I am sure he will get the info to his bank in your region that will work with you.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.