Q&A Forums

adhesion and shrinking problems Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
FirstName LastName
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 10:20 PM
adhesion and shrinking problems
had some .5 and 1.7 soy foam shrink and fall out. substrate good(low moisture room temp clean) b side mixed well. i use an e-20 with a fusion ap gun. so i don't think equiptment failure is problem. suggestions?
Trey Gibson
Posted: Dec 13, 2006 06:55 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of bio based foams. We have tried two different kinds and had similar results with both of them, just not worth the hassle for a little break in price.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 13, 2006 08:21 PM
When you say substrate good, what was the substrate temp? What was the moisture content of the substrate? Air temp? What kind of heaters were you using if any? What temps were you spraying at? What pressure? What was the substrate, wood, metal, etc?

George
Tom Hudson
Posted: Feb 03, 2007 10:45 PM
Tried twenty sets of bio based foams in two different trailers from GA to AZ. We ran designed experiments across temp, pressure, bbl temp and mix times. In short we never found a consistant solution. The bio stuff is junk.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 07:35 AM
There are many bio-based foams out there, just because you had bad experiences with a couple doesn't mean that they are all bad. It is unfortunate that there are alot of foam companies that are unable to help you when you are having problems. I get more and more calls from guys having trouble with the foam and their supplier is unwilling or unable to help.

George
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 03:16 PM
I disagree, I have tried several bio based and none of them have been as good as the BASF that I spray. I also enjoyed spraying Demilec Heatloc until they switched to bio based. The junk sucks.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.