Q&A Forums

????? about cc Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 04:43 PM
????? about cc
was just at the 'big i' website and found some info that concerns me about eurathane foam.
1) they claim that thier product does not emit harmefull emissions after drying but that eurathane does.
2)they claim that tier product does not shrink over time but eurathane does.
3)they claim that thier product does not distort framing but that eurathane does.
4)they claim that thier product is an effective air barrier while "suggesting" that eurathane isn't.
5)they also claim that thier product doesnt wick water but, i thought that oc foams did. have heard the argument that if ur roof leaks you wont know it with cc but, with oc it will wick.

not trying to stir the pot here. just would like to know if thier are any truths to these statements.tx
Terry Adams
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 10:33 PM
OC wicks like crazy. I spray it because if I don't I'd starve down here, but CC is a better product. Imagine this if you put OC (which we do)on the roof deck and the roof gets a leak. The skin on OC will repel water (tried it), well what if the water wicked its way down to the soffit and dripped down a outside wall un-noticed. Then you have a big wet sponge on the bottom of your roof potentialy spreading to ajacent cavities that you are totally un-aware of till one night your asleep and a big wet sponge of the WE ARE BETTER THEN EVERYTHING ELSE (wabtee)comes crashing down on you. The wabtee's down here all come from other states and everyone of their sale pitchs begin with how other foam is junk even other OC. Heard it, been told by customers that how they roll. Could it be a concidence or is that how they are trained.
mason
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 08:11 AM
I just published an article addressing these type of claims in RSI magazine. This is my opinion based on my research and personal experience.

http://www.rsimag.com/rsi/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=449116

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.